What is my passion? When I first asked this question I knew it was health and fitness. For years I have shared my experiences and knowledge with my friends and family, sometimes co-workers and even strangers. Over the last several months I have been contemplating this ambition for the health and fitness lifestyle. Even going so for as to write these ideas out and share them with perfect strangers. After reviewing these articles it became obvious. The topics that I focused on were; increasing motivation, setting and achieving goals and improving personal performance. The topics were about self improvement and I was using health and fitness as examples.

Well what is my real passion then? Health and fitness is only a small part self development, a small part of the picture. Self improvement is; The improvement of ones status, position, education, etc., by ones own efforts. Improvement of ones condition. What I have been doing for years, what I have been sharing is my ambition for self improvement.

What can someone take away from exploring self development? Well recently I've discovered something about myself. My real passion lies in moving forward. Constantly learning and evolving. And while I learn and evolve my health and fitness continue to grow with me.

The truth is, having a desire to better yourself will effect all areas of your life. You will be motivated to achieve your goals. Self improvement can be about losing weight and exercising. It can also be learning how to manage your time and communicate with the people around you. It's about caring for yourself and accepting changes even if you think you don't need them.


Nobody is perfect. And as Socrates said "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing." So why not try to learn what you can about yourself and the world around you. Develop a desire for personal development. And let that motivation carry you to new heights.

0 comments